“Dad’s are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers & singers of song”~ Pam Brown
Winter is finally over and we cannot think of a better way to celebrate the first Sunday of Spring than Father’s Day. We are all so thankful to be able to visit our Dads with ease this Sunday, nonetheless, this important day of parental gratitude may have crept up on you. with only a few days to go, we thought we’d share some of our favourite ways to show Dad you love him.
Dad’s Day Out
Take advantage of the eased restrictions in WA to get out and about with Dad. The Richardson’s monthly ‘Bloke’s Lunch’ is a very popular event on our lifestyle calendar and these days the men enjoy heading out to a local eatery for good food and conversation. Of course a relaxing lunch is always a winner, but before you sit down to eat, perhaps you can start the day with one of these memorable experiences:
- WA Maritime Museum – Symbolic of Fremantle’s past, present and future as a coastal city and port. The Museum houses several unique galleries that explore WA’s maritime relationship. From leisure boats and handcrafted sailing boats to commercial pearl luggers, the Museum inspires visitors to discover WA’s affinity with the ocean.
- Fremantle Prison – If the lay of the land is more Dads caper, book a tour for you both at Freo prison. From its incredible history to the real life stories of it’s most notorious inmates, there is a range of tours to choose from.
- Maniax – Conveniently located in Northbridge you don’t have to go far to find out what it feels like to throw an axe or two. Born in Sydney out of a need to escape the suburban backyard, this is a bit of fun you and Dad won’t forget.
- Jazz: Support our local music scene and purchase some tickets to a Jazz show. The Ellington has tickets available every night of the week, or you can visit The Duke of George from Thursday to Sunday.
Get to the Game
Whether you’re a spectator or a player, all of us felt the restrictions on sport during this extraordinary winter. However, local competitions are back on in Perth so we suggest you grab dad and head to a game this weekend.
- WAFL – With only two rounds left before finals, this weekend is one of your last opportunities to see a live footy match before next year. As sponsors of the Claremont Football Club we’ll be rooting for the Tigers this Saturday!
- Similarly, this weekend is Round 7/10 of the State Basketball West Coast Classic, see the men’s and women’s fixtures here
- Soccer’s State League Division 1 final round is also being played, so there is no excuse for you and Dad to stay indoors to get your sport fix this weekend.
We can’t say it enough, everyone loves a printed photo and that includes Dad. Memories of past holidays or special moments will bring a smile to his face, especially when he may not be feeling 100%. Take the time to sift through old family albums or download the 10,000 images on your phone and pick out some of the best to frame or create a special photo book. If you act now Officeworks can have your prints waiting for you to pick up on Saturday morning.
Spice it up
Aftershave is an easy go-to. Dad loves it and rarely buys it for himself. If you’re looking for something a step above Old Spice try one of these contemporary options:
- Solid State Cologne: All Solid State grooming products are Australian-made, wax-based and highly concentrated so you can slide the cologne straight into your pocket. If you want to pick it up on the way to seeing Dad this weekend you can visit Aspects of Kings Park or Pigeonhole
- Mecca: No, Mecca is not just for the women in the family. Present at most major shopping centres, Mecca have an impressive collection of male fragrances including scents from Maison Margiela, Le Labo and Comme des Garcons. Your Dad will smell like the coolest dude in town.
- Aesop: Established in Melbourne in 1987, Aesop’s objective has always been to formulate skin, hair and body care products of the finest quality. With boutiques throughout Perth you are sure to find a fragrance, or skin care product that Dad will use everyday.
Perhaps they don’t always like to admit it, but we know from our residents at The Richardson that most men love a soothing massage or pedicure. If you’re wondering where to purchase his Father’s Day gift voucher GQ have made the search easy with this 2020 list of Perth’s best Day Spa’s for Men.
Of course, above all Dad just wants to connect with you. So, take the time to visit, phone or get on a video call and tell him you love him.
If you wish to speak to someone about your situation or that of a loved one, or would like to book a tour through The Richardson, please don’t hesitate to contact us on (08) 9381 2800 or book a tour online.