A multi-generational approach to supported living in Claremont
Oryx Communities has successfully purchased a site in the final land release at Claremont on the Park, which will allow the company to fulfil a need for aged care accommodation services in the Western Suburbs.
Named The Queenslea, the new accommodation will be located on the corner of Shenton and Graylands Road.
Oryx Communities Managing Director, Nita Peploe, said the purchase was an important addition to the company’s growing portfolio of innovative aged care services that are planned in established areas throughout Perth.
The concept presented to LandCorp as part of its successful bid was a multi-generational approach to supported living. The proposed multi-storey project includes:
• Residential Aged Care for up to 115 residents in a variety of apartments, suites and concessional options.
• Respite care for people who need temporary accommodation.
• Memory Support Day Centre providing Dementia care during the day.
• Intergenerational Childcare Centre for approximately 80 children.
• Fully serviced assisted living apartments for seniors or people living with a disability.
• Commercial space for health-related businesses such as physiotherapy and chiropractor.
The design and documentation phase is expected to take up to 12 months with an 18-month build to follow. Oryx has partnered with award winning architects HASSELL Studio to create a contemporary design approach that will offer unique living spaces for its residents and deliver a vibrant street outlook together with a focus on internal community spaces that offer natural light and ventilation.
Oryx Communities intends to develop and retain ownership of the facilities upon completion.
Ms Peploe said Oryx Communities was committed to offering alternative aged care solutions to keep older people active and engaged in their community.
“Our vision for this project is to offer a genuinely vibrant community that integrates the elderly, children and their families and friends. In this precinct we envisage a childcare centre that offers a structured intergenerational program that delivers benefits both for the children and our older residents,” she said.